This Website and App is bound by the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles.
Personal Information means any information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained.
We collect your personal information in a number of ways.
We interact with many customers, partners and community members and occasionally collect personal information during these interactions. We may collect personal information, such as your name, contact details, home address, date of birth, geographic location, social media profile name or handle, postal address, email address, details of the products or services you have purchased, payment details and details of your interactions with us.
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
• Provide the requested products and services: we use the information you provide to us to perform the services for which you have signed up
• Verification / screening of credit or other cards and payment information for accounting, billing and control purposes and to detect or prevent fraudulent activity;
• For administrative or legal purposes: We use your data for statistical and marketing analysis, system testing, customer surveys, maintenance and development or to process a dispute or complaint.
• We may perform data profiling based on the data we collect from you for statistical analysis and marketing purposes, but only with your prior consent and doing our best to ensure that all data on which it is based is accurate.
• Security, Administration, Crime Prevention / Detection: We may pass your information to government authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with legal requirements
• Customer Service Communications: We use your data to manage our relationship with you as a customer and to improve our services and enhance your experience with us;
• Provide tailored services: We use your data to provide you with information that we think is of interest to you before, during and after your interactions with us, and to personalize the services we offer you, such as special offers
We will generally provide you with an explanation of why we collect your personal information at the time we collect it. Sometimes we are required to collect information by the law requires, for example to comply with our legislative or legal obligations.
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so, which will depend on the reasons for which we have collected and need to use your personal data.
Only children over a certain age (usually 16 years or older, but this varies from country to country) can give their consent. For children under this age, the knowledge and consent of their parents or legal guardians is required.
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it is processed. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of personal data, the purposes for which we process them and whether we can achieve those purposes in other ways.
We do not disclose personal information to third parties unless we are permitted or required to do so by law, or if you have given us your consent to do so.
•Government authorities, law enforcement bodies and regulators for compliance with legal requirements;
•Other companies, contractors or agents to provide services to you including delivery, marketing, or marketing platform providers, communications, legal services, debt collection, administration services, customer services, information technology providers, credit card or other payment methods to conduct transactions;
•Legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement bodies in countries in which we operate, in order to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contract with you;
•Our trusted third-party auxiliary partners who may offer products and services on or through our website or app.
•If you choose to purchase products or services offered on our websites by third parties, you may be a customer of both Ceedar Paws and those third parties and we and our partners may collect and share information about you, such as your contact details and billing details.
•We are not responsible for the use by third parties of your personal data where such use is authorized for their purposes. You should consult their privacy policies for more information.
• We may collect data from other sources which may not always be obvious, such as through the use of “cookies”.
• We may also gather information from both online and offline data providers.
• This information could include internet browsing behaviour, demographic data or interest-based data.
• Cookies are a small text file placed on your computer by our website provider.
• To opt-out of cookies, you can alter the settings on your internet browser to accept or reject a website from using cookies. This may affect the functionality of the website.
Spam Act of 2003
•Legislation in Australia prohibits the sending of unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
We will never knowingly send you messages or notices electronically without your consent.
Access and Correction of Information
•You can request access to the personal information we hold about you and you can ask us to correct or update your personal information if you find it inaccurate or complete. You may also complain about our processing of your personal information.
•You will not have to pay any fees to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your access request is clearly completely unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
•To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, we will need proof of your identity before we can grant you access or modify information about you.
•If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time, you have the right under Privacy Act to make a complaint to the Australian Privacy Commissioner within the Australian Human Rights Commission.
Report of Data Breaches
• Privacy Act requires anyone collecting sensitive information to assess any data breach and report any data breach to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner and the individuals to whom that information relates.
• A data breach will occur when there has been unauthorized access, modification, disclosure or other unauthorized use or interference of sensitive data that may present a risk of serious harm to the affected individual.
• If you or someone you know suspect there has been a data breach, please contact us so we can assess.
• If possible, we will contact you to notify you if any of your sensitive data has been subject to a data breach. If we are unable to contact effected individuals, we will post notices on our website.
If you have any concerns please regarding your privacy or wish to discuss this policy, please contact us at email@example.com
We will do our best to respond promptly to all privacy queries, corrections and complaints. Sometimes this may mean that we need to consider and investigate your application and request. Sometimes it may take between 5-10 business days, depending on the type of request. We will keep you informed if a longer period is required.